Today I learned
  • @Zickar You just have to make sure your Stage is selected from the camera drop down in the Render Queue before you hit render. I think it defaults to whichever camera is currently active when you add it to the queue.
  • Today I learned that you can cycle up and down your layer stack in AE with CMD + up and down arrows. Most exciting thing ever? Nope, but learning a new shortcut is always nice.

BTW, what about having the postings in reverse order, with newest first rather than last? Then you're at the most recent right off the bat... Maybe that's been brought up elsewhere.
  • mdouglas said: Today I learned that you can cycle up and down your layer stack in AE with CMD + up and down arrows. Most exciting thing ever? Nope, but learning a new shortcut is always nice.

BTW, what about having the postings in reverse order, with newest first rather than last? Then you're at the most recent right off the bat... Maybe that's been brought up elsewhere.

I'm with you on this one , reverse order specially in this kind of posts is much more useful

While on the subject of after effects as well , I find it very useful to use layer numbers , I press 14 and I go to layer number 14 and so on , very useful
  • Yeah @zickar thanks to Angie Taylor for that one!
  • Today I learned or actually concluded that Dingbats could be used as vectors :D Lots of free resources
  • @Zickar @mdouglas I'll keep an eye out for a way to reverse the order when displaying a thread, either through a plugin or an update to Vanilla itself. Right now I'm not seeing anything so this might have to be a custom bit of code to allow the option.
  • @conigs - sounds great! Obviously it's not essential, but would be great for easy browsing...
  • @mdouglas I got you covered :)
  • So today I learned that interns that ignore (or at least, fail to take in) my instructions are not worth my time. I tried to teach him last week about quads and why it is essential to model with them and the pitfalls of n-gons, but it seems that it went in one ear and out the other. This isn't the first time I explained that to him. He said he has over a year of experience with 3D modeling, but he either isn't taking it seriously, or doesn't grasp clean modeling. 

Yeah, modeling in quads and creating clean models takes time, but it is 100% worth it! Not only does it show you know what you're doing, but it saves the life and time of the senior modeler that you pass it on to! I repeat, sloppy models affects more than just you!

*bangs head on desk*

• Today I learned that if you do something for enough time and give it enough better you'll get better at it ... I've been very afraid of modelling with cinema 4d but lately I've been finding myself more comfortable , my workflow faster and my models cleaner with quads and low poly counts .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter