Blending modes..
  • Anybody know, is there an equivalent to ps/ae style blending modes in c4d?

Basically I have thinking particles (Welding style sparks) and I want them to effectively blend together to create a higher intensity colour.

I've got it sort of working by lowering the opacity but if I could set the objects to 'Add' or 'Screen' then that would be cool
  • I don't think C4D has blending modes. You could try tweaking your 'thinking particle-material' in order to get a close result. (or perhaps something better then you had in mind)
  • Inside material channels you have blending modes ... But I'm not sure you can blend two objects together using blending modes
  • Changing the blending mode in your material channel (texture > layer > shader > color) doesn't blend 2 objects together but 2 images on the same way as in photoshop or after effects.
  • Yeah I'm aware of the in-material blending modes but was hoping for an overall one.. Guess I'll have to make do with the material I have. Thanks!
  • The only sort of blending I'm aware of in C4D is with volumetric lights and glows. The 'Additive' switch acts as 'add' blending. Other than that, no idea. 
  • Is there any reason you're not doing this in AE?
  • Well it's just experimenting with thinking particles anyway but if I bring it into AE then I won't get the same effect off all the particles adding to the ones below it as it'll be just one piece of footage y'know?
  • Why not just render like 5 or 6 layers of particles? dupe the emitter and change the seed value. Then you have lots of control in AE over the final look.
  • I kinda got it working by adding transparency and pumping up the intensity to compensate but yeah I think that's probably a good idea to let me tweak it as much as I want.. cheers

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter