Room Generator for Cinema 4D
  • I just finished working on this :

Basically its a room generator for Cinema 4D .. at the moment it has doors you can move around the room , open and close.. it has windows which you can open and close as well , crosssectional view and it updates based on any spline you throw into it .
    This is an ongoing effort to create the ultimate room generator, you can download it from Deviantart : http://zickart.deviantart.com/art/RGB008-Room-Generator-for-C4D-202091118
  • Wow that's great man!  Definitely displaying your Xpresso chops!  Perhaps you could host a tutorial on our site showing the XPresso behind this thing?  This makes me want to make an Xpresso Stage generator like the stage/room i made for my March Madness promo I did.  Having at least the bare bones of a huge room or stage can shave off a ton of time, especially when all you want are reflections.
    Great work!  Im going to tweet your link tomorrow morning!

Also, you might want to check your Vimeo video, it displays black from around 6:00 all the way to 15:04, which is almost a solid 10 minutes of just black.  Might be something up with your video!

Great stuff!
  • its weird ... I just noticed , the original video is actually just 5 mins long or something.
    I will edit it (does anyone know if I can replace one video with another in vimeo) because I forgot to mention some stuff about how you can edit the height of the window and its width and it will all update
    I don't mind showing people what I know about Xpresso so far but I've seen Nick Campbell slated on mograph and I don't want to come out as a wannabe . Like I said I don't mind doing a small video showing people how I did this . Once I do this I will upload it to vimeo and send you a link
  • Yup, you can replace your video file on vimeo without deleting what you have (another nice addition vimeo has over youtube). 

This project looks like it has potential. Isn't Xpresso fun? :)

• odd_enough said:

Yup, you can replace your video file on vimeo without deleting what you have (another nice addition vimeo has over youtube). 

This project looks like it has potential. Isn't Xpresso fun? :)

If you are asking , it is fun .. lots of fun but the fun part starts when someone starts doing stuff that otherwise looked impossible ... So far Robert leger's has been the only real Xpresso tutorials i've watched and he is awesome .

I personally love user data , it just simplifies things

• That was more of a rhetorical question. I do know Xpresso is very fun :) And yes it does simplify things greatly. I try as much as possible to use Xpresso in my animations, especially if there is something with a repetitive motion or action, or something that I will be animating a lot. I always thought Beeple's Instrumental Video Nine project could have benefit from some simple Xpresso rigging, instead of hand keying every movement (of which there are a LOT of). 
  • This is the preview of the latest release , with the addition of a library :D

• That's pretty cool stuff there, @zickar
  • @odd_enough . Thanks mate :D I just hope to unclude this in a whole package of parametric models ... Next on the list is a plant that you can control its growth and leaves :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter