Align axis point
  • Is there anyway to align the axis of a sweep nurbs (or any other object for that matter) to a spline ... I want the axis point to always be on a spline is there a way ? Keep in mind I'll use it in Xpresso so it must be editable and configurable
  • I don't have C4D in front of me, but there should be an Align to Spline tag available in the Tags menu.
  • conigs said: I don't have C4D in front of me, but there should be an Align to Spline tag available in the Tags menu.

Yeah it works on nulls and even points of a spline ... But I want to align the axis point .. so far I can't seem to get this to happen
  • Well there are a set align axis tools. It's under the Structure -> Axis Center menu. I dragged that submenu into my layout, as I use those tools daily. 
  • I want this to align to a spline so that I can move it around on a spline ... I seem to have created a workaround for the particular case I needed this for but I'm still curious ! There should be a way ,
  • So you want a sweep nurb to follow a spline?

Can you describe a bit more what exactly you're trying to do?  I'm having a hard time figuring out why you'd need to use a sweep nurb if you're using another spline also.  Makes me wonder if you'd be better served using a Spline wrap?
  • I have created a spline mask out of two splines (these splines are linked in Xpresso so t hat one can throw a spline in the user data and the whole scene will still look perfectly .
    The first spline "spline a" is the shape of the window
    the second spline "spline b" is the shape of the frame and its basically a rectangle spline conformed to "spline a" so that its axis is always on the edge of that .
    the sweep Nurbs is used to create a frame of the window shutter and I need its center to stay aligned to "spline a" so that it always rotates around the spline .
    Hope that clarifiest he problem . this needs to be done for the room generator but but I found a work around
  • hmm....maybe use a rectangle and spline masks instead?

or maybe have a target object null that is in the center of the room and place a target object on the spline so that it's always facing the target object?  hope this helps!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter