Beta-Testing Forum
  • I figured I'd start a new thread where I would keep a log of my comments on the forum, as I've been asked to do. 

• Whenever I am in one of the threads, I keep clicking the motion league logo intuitively to go back to the main discussions forum - this of course takes me to the WP login instead. 
    • Tags subsection seems overwhelming. I feel like it overpowers the thread categories (which I think are more important) and think that they should stand out more visually (maybe a solid bg color behind the text or something, so I can quickly assess them for what they represent instead of looking similar to tags). 
  • Good points. I've been debating about the logo going to the main discussions section or to the main Wordpress site. I'll switch it around and see how it feels. And the popular tags box is a bit unwieldy. Didn't realize how bad it would get until we started adding all these tagsā€¦
  • For now, I've removed tags from the main discussion lists, and are now only visible within the discussions themselves. Also increased the size & weight of the categories.
  • I've invited a few people to join the beta:

@vj_anomolee (who is anxious to contribute once we open that up)
  • Actually, there's something I was wondering about the, now absent, 'Popular Tags' column on the main discussion page. When we first started the forum and began to populate it with tags, I was thinking it was going to stop at the top 5 or top 10 most popular tags. Instead the list kept growing passed 20. Would it be possible to bring back that column with a top 5/10 restriction?

Or maybe give it it's own page and put it in a cloud format?

• So I tried placing it back on the main page. I had to do some hacking to get it to limit the number of tags shown on the main discussions list.
  • Something I'm noticing.. when I click on an image to enlarge, it brings up a dialogue box to save the file with a .torrent extension. O_o 
  • @odd_enough There's something weird going on with the file upload plugin. the links it has to the pictures force a download instead of being viewed in the browser. I'm trying to see how to change that. But I have no idea why you're getting a .torrent extension. What browser are you using?
  • conigs said: the links it has to the pictures force a download instead of being viewed in the browser.

I noticed this as well. I'm not having the torrent issue. (Win7 + Chrome).
  • Win7 + Opera. I know... Opera is an odd beast. Still makes no sense why it would try to download with a .torrent extension.
  • Ah, here's another thing. When clicking on a multi-page discussion, is it possible to make it link to the first page rather than the last?
  • odd_enough said: Ah, here's another thing. When clicking on a multi-page discussion, is it possible to make it link to the first page rather than the last?

I'll take a look to see if I can keep the title just linking to the main discussion, and add a link to the "most recent by" to the most recent post. It will take some hacking, but I think we can make it worth.
  • @odd_enough Taken care of. Now the title links to the top of the discussion, the "Most recent" text links to the latest post.
  • Cool. Also, to add on that, is it possible to make it more in-line instead of stacked? As in, possibly put the "most recent" link to the left of the topic title rather than under it. Would save space.

Sorry to continually bug you about it :P

• @odd_enough No worries. I've been waist deep in this hacking Vanilla Forum code for the last month. 

I'm not sure about putting it in the same line as the title. If a title is long, the line-wrapping will look weird if there's additional info in that line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter