New Work: The Noun Project
  • Hey everyone,

I recently had the opportunity of working with the folks over at The Noun Project to help them with a one-minute anthem piece for the re-boot of their site. For those of you who don't know The Noun Project’s mission is to share, celebrate, and enhance the world’s visual language. The goal of the project is to collect and organize all the symbols that form our language into one easy-to-use online library. The community is constantly growing and they have a great missions so it was an honor to be able to work with them.

For me, this project has been a great experience in working with a company that has very a distinct image with the goal of making a piece that is on brand. TNP is based around simplicity. White, black and everything being built off the grid. When I first met with them they couldn't stress this enough. The goal for this piece was not to focus on effects and razzle dazzle camera moved but to let the symbols tell the story and use the animation to guide the piece along. It was a great exercise in restraint and personally with a lot of options off the table I really enjoyed being able to focus on the nuts and bolts of everything and keep things simple.

Anyways, this is already too long for most people to read but please let me know what you think and feel free to spread the world. TNP is a great community and as a designer I would love to see it grow.

http://thenounproject.com/ (video is at the top of the home page)

Thanks,

Joe

• Joe, this is great work. I've been following The Noun Project for a while. What started off as a simple collection of basic symbols has really grown over time.

• Thanks Paul. Being In Chicago The Noun Project is pretty popular here in the design community so it was great being able to work with them. They have a really great passionate team.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter