Your favorite plugins
  • My favorite for Cinema 4D is a simple but powerful plugin called drop to floow . I think its the best plugin for Cinema 4D ever created .
    In after effects my favorites are RSMB and Optical flares and on top of that list is the built in curves effect .
  • Since most of my work in C4D is relatively simple for broadcast commercials, the Image Plane script (luma and color channel) comes in handy quite a bit to bring in keyed talent shots for placement.

For After Effects, the entire Key Correct suite has been a life saver for the previously mentioned talent shots.
  • For AE: First off, as @Zickar states.. my top is Curves. Aside from that, love Magic Bullet Looks for all post/color correction. Frischluft is great for getting nice DoF on your depth passes. Fx Factory Pro also has some nice correction tools.

For C4D: Thrausi is a great plugin for breaking/shattering objects. I recently fell in love with a nice atmospheric shader for planets and the like. I also get some fair use out of Nick Campbell's HDRI lights.
  • Curves is up there for me too..
    Along with fast blur if we're talking about built in..

Third party.. mmmm, optical flares is up there, particular too, specially for adding a bit of subtle depth to camera moves..

c4d, don't use any, drop to floor sounds good though. Much too much time spent doing that!
  • Agree with above, sapphire glow and edgerays are also pet faves of mine
  • Have never used any Sapphire stuff. Worth checking out?
  • Yeah, I love the Sapphire plugins as well. Z_Glow might be one of my favorites of theirs.
  • On the AE side of things I use Form a fair bit, fast blur, directional blur, exposure, find edges etc etc. all the "go to" ones for things like light wrap. Not sure if this counts as a plugin but CStools for R11 gets used on a daily basis if I'm doing 3D work.
  • I would definitely count CSTools as a group of plugins.
  • I just found out that Red Giant provides a number of its plugins in a lighter free version .. I downloaded Colorista and will use it . Frishluft is a mus try plugin for me . I really need to try this out . First time I heard about it was from Gkaster
  • CSTools gets some fair use from me as well, from either the cams or the nulls. There are a few that I really need to work with more.
  • Particular is one of my favorites, just for its versatility. You can do some pretty crazy things with it if you're willing to get your hands dirty.
  • @SFBurning I'd love to get hold of a particular license (Hell, the whole suite would be more than handy!!) but with the cost, it's often cheaper and more rewarding to head into Thinking Particles territory if I need something with a bit more depth than CC Particle World...
  • Other than Sapphire (which I really could not live without) I've really been enjoying Video Copilot's Optical Flares lately. A little bit too much perhaps, I fear the head of graphics is going to confiscate it if I get any closer to Star Trek :P
    Yeah, and Frischluft has the best z blur I've found.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter