Managing your feeds
  • I'm in a constant battle with my feeds . I always play a cat and mouse catch game with my feeds . the more I read , the more they send me and I can't remember when was the last time I had a clean feed reader . I used to have subscriptions to The daily what and Ads of the world . these sites alone would send an update every 10 minutes or so and could easily pile up 200 new posts a day . I recently removed them from my feeds because they were somehow irrelevant to our field . I also have ae tuts , cg tuts and the whole family and they could add up to 10 posts a day sometimes . The flood of tutorials never stops from all my feeds . and every time I see a tutorial I feel it's a shame t6o miss out on it ... But at some point the number on your feed reader ( the unread ) really becomes a burden .
    How do you keep up with your feeds , what feeds are you subscribed to and generally how many tutorials you do per day , how do you choose them and from where do you choose them ?
  • I keep up with feeds by ignoring unread counts.

I use a self hosted install of Fever. What's great about it is that I can look through recent news like a traditional feed reader, or I can see what's being talked about and linked to in my "Hot" section. Fever works by giving it less-frequently updated by very high quality feeds as "kindling," then a bunch of high-frequency link-blogs in "sparks." The more a story from the Kindling is linked to both from sparks and other kindling, the higher rating it gets. It's a really great way to catch up on news as it places a higher emphasis on what I'm more likely to be interested in topically, than just an endless trail of unread counts.

• @conigs It sounded to me like you are starting a fire there . But I'll give it a try

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter