Welcome to the first Motion League Challenge. The inaugural challenge will be a simple one: Single Solid. The challenge is to see what you can create only using a single solid as a layer in an After Effects comp; bonus points: no Trapcode plugins. As an example, here is a short animation I created:
And for the curious, here’s the project, effects stack, and timeline:
This was all created with stock plugins with the exception of Separate RGB and Mojo.
The deadline for this challenge is 11PM CDT (GMT-5), Sunday September 18th. No prizes are being awarded, but we will be featuring our favorite animations in a later post. Have fun!
Ground Rules for Motion League Challenges
- Animations should be between roughly 5 and 15 seconds.
- You may create & submit as many animations as you like.
- Videos should be posted to the Motion League Vimeo group, and tagged MLC with the challenge number, eg “MLC001”.
- Be sure to link to your video in the comments to make sure we see it.
- Videos submitted after the deadline won’t be considered to be featured or for future prizes, but are still awesome in our book.