Tonight on #mochat we talked about getting clients and leads. The conversation covered a fair amount of ground, but a few points seemed to resonate with many people:
- Cold calls/emails don’t always work. But if you do it, do your research and be polite. (@videoaaron apparently has a very nice cover letter he sends out.)
- Keep clients happy and they might pass your name along.
- Network with other designers!
- Network with people in other related fields (producers, editors, colorists, post-supers…)
- Start referring other people. It build good will and they may return the favor one day.
- Have a strong presence online. People may find their way to your portfolio.
- Go out and meet people face-to-face.
Read on for the full transcript and even more advice…